Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month in The Avonmouth Community Centre, 257 Avonmouth Road, Avonmouth, BS11 9EN (new address) commencing at 7.30 pm £2 entry charge. Light refreshments. More details from 0117 9513168.
- 5th Sept 2019 Visit M shed – Bristol City Docks. Meet 14:00. Talk by Andy King, Senior Collections Officer, with visit to stored maritime items and photographic archives followed by ferry trip round the docks. Small charge.
- 3rd Oct World Ports Days at Rotterdam. Chairman Bernard McCall presents highlights from visits to largest port in Europe.
- 7th Nov Chris Jones, Deputy Harbour Master at Bristol Port Company takes us on photographic journey through his career. He spent much of last twenty years working in and around Bristol Channel. Varied selection of pictures from tugs to passenger ships.
- 5th Dec A G M and members evening. After the AGM there will be some short contributions from members.
- 2nd Jan 2020 Sept 2016 – Krispen’s Travels. Important month in his journeys round the world described by Krispen Atkinson.
- 6th Feb From Suez to the Falklands – The Royal Navy, 1956 – 1982. Richard Osborne continuing presentation from May.
- 5th Mar Big Ships and Big Rivers. Richard Potter presents images on cruises visiting Thames, Seine, Elbe, Weser, Kiel Canal.
- 2nd Apr Captain Askew Part 2. Jim Charnock from Manchester branch continues showing slides of late Captain Askew’s travels.
- 7th May Experiences with Everards. Peter Ives was employed in coasting trades in 1970s. Personal experiences with slides .