Data Protection Policy of the Bristol Industrial Archaeological Society (Society)
The Society endeavours at all times to process personal data in accordance with the six data protection principles, as follows:
- Personal data are processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Personal data are collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data are accurate and kept up to date.
- Personal data are kept for no longer than is necessary.
- Personal data are processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
The identity and contact details of the controller of your personal data are:
Bristol Industrial Archaeological Society
22 Bristol Road, Keynsham, BS31 2BQ
You have the right to contact the Office of the Information Commissioner in relation to the Society’s processing of your personal data.
The Society will only use your personal data with your consent. By providing the Society with your personal data for the purposes of membership, attending a Society event or participating in any other Society activity, you consent to the Society using your personal data to contact you about the activities of the Society and for related matters such as subscriptions and fees.
Your personal data will only be disclosed to a third party when this is essential for the effective operation of the Society.
You may contact the Society at any time to –
- request a copy of your personal data as held by the Society;
- request that the Society rectify, complete or delete inaccurate or incomplete data; or
- withdraw your consent to the Society’s use of your personal data.
Your personal data will be deleted as soon as is practicable once:
- you have not been a member of the Society or attended a Society event for a period of three years; and
- all subscriptions and fees relating your membership of the Society and/or your participation in activities of the Society have been paid and all annual accounts that include payments to or from you have been approved and filed.
Please feel free to address any questions in relation to this data protection policy to the Society at the contact details listed above.
This policy and the associated usage statement will be reviewed every two years.