A weeks holiday at Easter in Guernsey gave the opportunity to photograph the dock cranes at St Peter Port. Guernsey is heavily dependent on imports and these are received at two ports on the east coast of the island, St Peter Port, the capital, and St Sampson. The latter primarily handles bulk cargo such as oil and aggregates while at St Peter Port there is general cargo, containers as well as the roll on roll off ferries. Until recently there were five cranes at St Peters Port, three built by Stothert and Pitt of Bath and two by Henderson of Aberdeen, the cranes handled about 50,000 tons of freight per year. However in January 2013 one each of the Stothert and Pitt and Hendersen cranes were demolished and replaced by a large Gottwald mobile crane with a lifting capacity of about 40 tons. Remaining at present are a 7 ton Stothert and Pitt rail mounted portal crane built in 1966 and 32 ton Henderson derrick crane supplied in 1971 both sited at Berth 4 while at Berth 6 is a 5 ton Stothert and Pitt portal crane supplied in 1946. With thanks to Justin Edwards.